Monday, September 3, 2012

Welcome to MyBetterHalf :)

Hi and welcome to MyBetterHalf (heretofore referred to as mbh, 'cause i'm a lazy/poor typist).

What this blog is NOT about: my husband (none), my boyfriend (he'd kill me), my best friend or my dog (sorry Sophie), not even my two cherished, beloved sons.....All of whom you will hear more about in the coming days and weeks....  This blog is about, well, me.  More specifically, the 2nd half of my life.

I turned "the big 5-0" this past June.  Very Anti-climatic, altho to be honest that's partly because from the DAY I turned 49 I started thinking of myself as "FIFTY".... to kinda soften the blow for the coming year - it TOTALLY worked, btw.  But mainly because I havent felt my age in..... Wow, a long damn time.  I always kinda felt a good decade younger than any milestone b-day I had (20 at 30, 30 at 40, etc).

Gratefully, the 40s were fabulous to me - which is not uncommon for women....  I really came into my own and love the experience of feeling good in my own (admittedly aging) skin.    If you ask me how old I think I look?  No Clue.  I am told that I dont look my age and I want to believe it, but beauty is in the eye of, blah blah blah.  But when people ask me how old I feel, I always settle on 32... I don't know why....  I just kinda wriggle around in it in my mind and it 'fits'....  Yeah, in my head I'm 32; I feel it, I act it, I dress it (shut up).  32;  I'm good with that.

And on that topic, I read an interesting statistic online last nite: Women are at their happiest at the age of 33, so... Yay!  Good stuff comin' for me!!  Check it out, then tell me what you think:
http://madamenoire.com/151406/do-you-know-what-age-women-are-the-happiest/

mbh will likely veer (hopefully with grace) from the serious to the sardonic and back because I am, after all, behind the wheel and you guys are just along for the ride.    But I'm not ashamed to stop and ask for directions, can tolerate a tactful back seat driver,  plus I will need to pull over to nap occasionally, so input input input please.

Welcome to my Blog:)

2 comments:

  1. awesome blog! Good Luck and continue sharing wonderful thoughts and ides. Looking forward to meeting your BH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa:) I would love to finally meet! Just started running again.... which is a whole blog post in and of itself! Pencil me in between Marathons:)

    ReplyDelete